(Photo by Angelo Merendino/Getty Images)
Remember growing up playing little league, your team is pummeling the other team and the coach would have the courtesy to pull the squad aside and give everyone the “go easy on them, f*ck is wrong with you guys?”speech, well, these teams never got that memo.
Than again, there really must be something to inflicting PURE EMBARRASSMENT and establishing DOMINANCE over those who have already been beaten, because not pumpin’ the breaks after a 42-point lead in the NBA Finals is like Mike “The Situation” from the Jersey Shore pulling up his shirt at the counter of a Wendy’s. We get it, but it’s unnecessary; just put your Ed Hardy shirt back on and don’t look me in the eyes while I try to one-bite my Baconator.
Anddd without further delay, I bring you the 5 Worst NBA Finals Losses In History:
5. Boston Celtics vs. St. Louis Hawks (1961)
With a margin of 34-points, the Boston Celtics beat the St. Louis Hawks 129-95 in game one of the series. A pretty good way to send a message early on in the series, if I do say so myself.
4. Washington Bullets vs. Seattle Supersonics (1978)
Having just one point worse of a game than the ’61 Hawks, the Supersonics solidify the number 4 seed in the battle for the worst of the worst in history. Losing by a margin of 35-points, the Bullets outscored the Supersonics 117-82 in game 6 of the series.
3. San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat (2013)
This game took place not too long ago. The year was 2013. Macklemore stunned the world with “Thrift Shop” and the San Antonio Spurs stunned the Miami Heat, beating them 113-77 (a 36-point deficit) in game 3 of the series.
2. Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers (2008)
With this whooping taking place in game 6 of the series, it must’ve been a real sigh of relief for the Boston Celtics to know, before the clock ran out, that they were taking the NBA Championship home to Boston. They ended up winning the game 131-92 (a 39-point lead).
1. Chicago Bulls vs. Utah Jazz (1998)
The outcome of this game is music to the ears of those who love to bet the under. With the Chicago Bulls beating the Utah Jazz 96-54, this extremely low-scoring game still placed number one of the worst in history with a deficit of 42-points.
New York born and raised, currently an undergrad at Binghamton University and taking part in the summer screenwriting program at NYU. So far, 80% of my life has been watching movies and the other 20% has been refreshing the Domino’s Pizza tracker. I’ll work on that. Follow me on Instagram and snapchat (@forrestforte) if you want to see me post something absurd every now and again. Reach out to me if you’re trying to have movie/tv reference based conversations– [email protected]